Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's been quite the week!

Hey everyone! I haven't been on ALL week and finally got a chance tonight to read all of your posts!

So, we had our closing on Monday at 8:30am.  I woke up with butterflies in my stomach that did not go away ALL day! The closing was EXTREMELY easy, just signing a million pieces of paper but it was done within 30 minutes.  I sat with my phone next to me all day waiting for the call that our keys could be picked up, and it finally came at 3:30! Gary had class until 8, so I packed my car full of blankets, pillows, wine, and bottled water and headed to get the keys and go to the house.  I was sad that he didn't get to experience the first "walk through the door" with me but I was too anxious to wait!

turning the key for the first time :)
(Gary pointed out that the door paint needs to be touched up...just one of several things we've noticed since Monday!)

the finished product

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to pull into the garage. (who would've thought I would want to use my own garage, right?) Well, my car sunk several inches into the gravel.  Literally, it sunk. Absolutely going nowhere, and I couldn't see half of my front tires.  So, I made the first of many "help me dad at my new home" phone calls! Luckily, right when he got there our new neighbors across the street, who close next week, also showed up and helped to push my car out.  So I killed two birds with one stone, "help me dad" and "help me neighbor" :) 

I must've pace the entire house about a dozen times before Gary got there...just marveling in the fact that it's ours! When he finally got there we ended up having a few friends over to play euchre on our makeshift kitchen table: 


After they left, Gary and I decided to forego the air mattress because it was only a twin and we would've been uncomfortable.  I had brought over quite a few blankets anticipating this, so we made a cushy little blanket bed to sleep on for our first night 




And that is the story of our closing! In other news, I got a call from our sales rep today asking if he could show the house to someone..I readily said yes, as I was grateful that we got to see the Sienna before we signed papers. Then he told me they actually PAY you to let someone see your house! I don't know how much and didn't want to ask in front of the couple that he brought over, but that's awesome, since I would have done it for nothing!

Well this post is long enough, I'll save some of the other things for my next post!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your closing and your first night in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the Sienna with the front porch like that. I think it really balances out nice with the garage. It looks great! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They pay you $25 for each time. They called us last night and we weren't home. lol Hope you guys enjoy your new house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    My wife and I are big fans of your blog. We love the updates, and especially love the pictures. Congrats on taking possession of your new home. My wife and I are two months behind you in the construction process, as my wife and I are in the process of building our own Ryan Home. Your blog has been great to read. In fact, we started our own blog. If you want, you can check it out at http://buildingwithryanhomesinbaltimore.blogspot.com/

    Thanks. Tom Beem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! So exciting! Congratulations! Now you can focus on the wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for closing!! Congrats! I turned the key without my husband too since he had to go back to work on the day of the closing. Sort of wierd using the key for the first time. Enjoy moving in and getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so happy for yall!!! Next time, Im coming over!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I hope your closing will be as easy as mine. I just found out today that we are approved from NVR and we will officially be building the venice yay for me! All the pictures of your house are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I hope I will have as good taste as you. Here is my blog my first one lol if you are interested. http://www.ohiostephaniesvenicehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!!! the house looks wondeful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! The house looks amazing. I can't get over the porch. I just love it. Are you moving stuff in this weekend? Good luck. Can't wait for some updates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house is amazing! I love the picture of you turning the key for the first time. That is great! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see more pictures of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! Congratulations!! We are so happy for you 2! Enjoy making your new house a home! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new home! We just started the building and the selection process with ryan homes and were wondering if you could tell me the name of the color you used for your siding exterior?

    ReplyDelete