Saturday, March 5, 2011

Preparing the air mattress...and a meeting between bloggers!

We close in TWO days! We have decided that we are going to sleep at the new house on Monday night, on an air mattress.  (with no tv, no refrigerator...really, with nothing other than the mattress, some bedding, the fireplace, and some glasses of wine!)

Our pre-pre-settlement walkthrough and pre-settlement walkthrough both went really well, but my feet were hurting after standing/walking for so long! We met with our PM on Wednesday for the pre-pre-settlement, where we basically just walked around inspecting every wall, doorframe, floorboard, etc for areas where paint needed to be touched up or other fixes.  When we returned for our pre-settlement on Thursday morning, a worker was there correcting all the taped areas and we basically just spent the time going over warranties and how things worked.  (kinda boring).

After the walkthrough, we went to Levin's to check out their sofas, and found one that we really liked.  We learned that they were having a sale this weekend where there were different tiered discounts based on how much you spent.  We went back today to buy our sofa, oversized chair, and ottoman and ended up getting the extra 20% off discount!

Here is the furniture in the floor model color....too light for us! We opted for the second option, which is the fabric on top of the middle of the couch in the picture below:

Unfortunately, the second option color is a special order and isn't stocked in the warehouse.  So that means 6-8 weeks until delivery :( Booooo....

In other news, I got a facebook message from India of The Ryan Homes Experience yesterday letting me know she was in Akron visiting her family...so we made plans to meet for coffee today! :) Very fun to meet her and her mom, it's so nice to talk to other people who are building a house--my friends/family are sick of hearing me talk about it but all of the bloggers love talking about it! We talked about how these blogs are exploding and how cool it is that we actually got to meet each other! So neat to make friends with people all over who are going through the same thing! 


New friends brought together by Ryan Homes.... aww :) 

12 comments:

  1. This is so nice I am so glad you were able to meet each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i look a mess!!! LOL...Alissa it was so nice meeting you!!! Im so happy we were able to! I knew you were gonna go home and post before me!! lol. We went to HOBBYLOBBY and that store is sooooo overwhelming..kinda pricey stuff but they have good discounts! Anyways..till we meet again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha India I wasn't going to but I got bored at home so got on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, that's so nice you guys! That's great you got to meet. I hope to meet some of you someday, too. And I love the furniture selections! We're going to start shopping for furniture next week. I'm so excited for you! Hope all goes well with the closing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome that you two got to get together and I agree with how much us bloggers love to talk about our experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to have a Pittsburgh get together. Isn't there like 4 of us on here? Alissa everytime you go to Levin's and post pics you know I go onto their website, lol.

    All these pre-closing posts, can't wait until we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. testing, testing, =) Thats so awesome that you guys got to meet! Cant wait for new pics with the air mattress! haha thats totally something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Testing testing (again) haha. Thanks for helping with this by the way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the furniture selections! The color you chose is great. That is awesome that you were able to meet up! I can't wait to see pictures from the air mattress. That is a great idea, I might have to steal it in a few months! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great that you two got to meet each other! The furniture looks really nice and I'm happy for you that you're going to be closing soon. I agree it is a great idea to spend the night..I would totally do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete