Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas, Ground-Breaking, and Busy Busy Busy

Wow it has been quite an eventful week!  Last week, my sister got engaged! So now we are planning not one but two weddings in the family! Luckily they are waiting until May 2012 so it gives us a little breathing room.  Between holiday parties, get-togethers, house things, and wedding things this week has been a little crazy.  Yesterday we drove out to our homesite to check things out and we saw a backhoe just sitting there waiting to dig in to the ground! Also we had our black fencing up along the property. 



A few hours later, we got a call from our project manager, Ben, informing us that they would indeed break ground the next day! He also told us that our lot has been recorded and we now have an address :) 

Today I went to the bridal shop with my mom, my two sisters, and my brother's girlfriend to have them measured for my bridesmaids dresses.  Now I just need to get the other three girls to go do it! As soon as we left the shop, I raced to Gary's so we could check on the progress.....and I have never been so happy about a pile of dirt in my life!


We are going to stop by again tomorrow to check out the progress....supposedly our footer is being poured tomorrow and the remainder of the foundation will be completed at the beginning of next week.  Things are getting exciting! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment